• Note: For a true medical emergency, dial 911 for emergency assistance immediately.
For an event of poisoning/ingestion or an overdose, call the Poison Control Center for instructions at 1-800-POISON-1 (1-800-764-7611) or the National Poison Control Number (1-800-222-1222) right away.
• Arrangements have been made for a triage nurse, Nurse Pracitioner or Physician to be available after hours for urgent calls that cannot wait until usual office hours.
• Parents should continue to call the main office phone # (561) 242-0505 even after posted office hours for additional information.
• All Calls are answered by either a triage nurse or the Physician on call, who will keep a written record of the child’s problem and the recommendation/advice given for chart documentation and review by Infants and Children, P.A. physicians.
• In the event that the triage nurse has a question regarding the child’s problem, or the problem is beyond her scope of training, the doctor on call will be contacted for further instructions and guidance.
• Either way, Infants and Children, P.A. medical staff will be accessible and available to help you 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
• If for some reason our phone calls are not forwarded to our answering service please feel free to call our answering service directly after hours at 800-393-1806.